Tuesday, December 21, 2010

My Chain Maille project's conversion to Rails 3

This week I took the time to upgrade my new project from Rails 2 to Rails 3. Thank your respective deity that I did so. There are a few complaints. I miss having to manually hack in bundler's gem management as well as the long complicated routes file. Where, I ask you, will I spend those hours debugging that used to boil down to a bad route configuration? Where? I shutter at the thought of being able to read my routes file and not have to fight with gem versions.

One thing that truly bothered me, a minor annoyance but one none the less, was that script_finder no longer works. I think I will have to fork the project and provide a Rails 3 version, that is of course, unless someone can provide me with a link to the Rails 3 friendly version.

No comments:

Post a Comment